THE DIARY OF A GEEK IN OXFORDSHIRE


Solving the World's problems with common sense and a flamethrower.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Masters of Spin


(with apologies to Bob Dylan, but I think he'll understand)

Now you masters of spin
You have stolen and robbed
You created Recession
Lost us money and jobs
You who saddled us all
With a mountain of debt
I just want you to know
I can see through your mask

You never did nothing
But cheat and destroy
You play with my rights
Like they're your little toy
You invaded Iraq
And good servicemen died
Yet invoked FOI
When the people asked WHY.

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
UK debt is low
You want me to believe
But I see through your lies
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You write legislation
That makes us less free
Then you sit back and watch
Us on CCTV
You've acted like Stalin
You think that it's good
That you stole Rights for which
Our forefathers shed blood

You've taken our money
And promised us more
But your targets and Quango's
Have delivered fuck all
All the taxes you've taken
And the money you've spent
Yet our country's been wrecked
By its own Government

Let me ask you one question
Is your Power that good
Will you get re-elected?
Did you work for OUR good?
I think you will find
When we go to the Polls
You'll be thrown out of office
And into the cold

And I hope that we vote
And that vote will come soon
I will follow the polling
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while as New Labour
Goes to its deathbed
And I'll piss on its grave
And be glad that it's dead

No comments: