THE DIARY OF A GEEK IN OXFORDSHIRE


Solving the World's problems with common sense and a flamethrower.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Obama to Tour With Black-Eyed Peas

Reunited for a comeback tour: Black-Eyed Peas and The Prez.

President Barack Obama has announced that he is to embark on a World Tour with hip-hop sensations The Black-Eyed Peas, according to a White House spokesman today.

The tour was announced by White House spokesman LL Cool J, who said it was 'payback' for the group's support in his Presidential campaign, including rapper Will.i.am's huge YouTube hit 'Yes We Can', which is widely credited with bringing the Obama the historic first African-American Presidency.

President Obama himself went on to talk in detail about the planned tour, which is to include concerts in Tehran, Pyongyang and even Wembley Stadium.

The President said, "I'm delighted to be able to say to the Black-Eyed Peas - can I tour with you guys? Yes I can. I'm sure that this tour will make me look even cooler than I already do, if that's even possible - and it'll divert attention from the fact that I haven't really changed much as yet. But can I carry on just wandering around the globe, talking seriously and making it sound like I'm achieving marvels? Yes I can."

The President has reportedly been receiving intensive public rapping training from Will.i.am, 50 Cent and Kanye West, and on the tour will be promoting tracks from his ground-breaking first album 'Raps From The Prez', including 'Shout Out from The West Wing', 'Yes We Can, Man' and the hit single 'Oval Office Reprazent, MuthaF*****'.

No comments: