Solving the World's problems with common sense and a flamethrower.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Shopping Centre Hit by Fumes Scare

Firemen in protective suits clear up the residue of the toxic leak.

A shopping centre has been evacuated and more than 30 people treated by paramedics following a fumes incident.

Medics were called to The Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham after staff and shoppers complained of feeling dizzy and nauseous. A subsequent incident led to the shopping centre being completely evacuated.

Firemen in protective clothing and breathing apparatus carried out a full search of the area, and the cause of the incident was determined to be Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, who was giving a speech on Parliamentary reform in a nearby building.

Nobody was seriously hurt in the incident, though victim Brummi Yamyam said, "it was horrible. There was this interminable drone, and people around me were vomiting. The stench of desperate self-justification was revolting."

A spokesman for the Ambulance Service said that now Smith had stopped chuntering there was no further risk from her sickening waffle, but added, "anyone still suffering from symptoms they believe are caused by her hypocrisy should call NHS Direct for advice".

No comments: