THE DIARY OF A GEEK IN OXFORDSHIRE


Solving the World's problems with common sense and a flamethrower.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Song in Honour of the Twitter Experience

(With apologies to Otis Redding)

To the Tune of "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay![1]

Sitting in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening come
Watching the Tweets come in
Then refresh and read new ones again

I'm just sitting at my PC all day
Tryin' to find somethin' witty to say
Oooh, I'm just sitting at my PC all day
Wastin' time...

I logged on to my laptop
Checked the Blogs and read my mail
Wanted to check my Followers
But Twitter's down again - Epic Fail!

So I'm just gonna sit at my PC all day
Really must think of something clever to say
Ooo, I'm just sitting at my PC all day
Wastin' time...

Look like nothing's gonna change
I'll still Tweet and be inane
I'll just Blog the memes people tell me to do
Signal-to-Noise remains the same, yeah

Sittin' readin' Twitter at home
I don't bother calling friends on the phone
Two thousand Tweets or more
Can't be dull, mustn't become a bore

So, I'm just gonna sit at my PC all day
I just have nothing of interest to say
But, I'lll just sit at my PC all day
Wastin' time

[1]As if you hadn't worked that out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha... I liked it. :)