THE DIARY OF A GEEK IN OXFORDSHIRE


Solving the World's problems with common sense and a flamethrower.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Just *HOW* small is the EeePC?

Since getting my Asus EeePC, everyone who's seen it has commented immediately on just how incredibly small it is.

It's something all the reviews mention as well - so I've taken a couple of shots that I think truly put this amazing little device into perspective.

First off, here's one of the EeePC atop Gerry's Dell Latitude D420 - at 12.1", it's also classed as a subnotebook:

That still doesn't fully evoke the sheer tinyness, so here's one with both devices open:

Finally, the grand picture that proves it. EeePC atop 12.1" D420 atop 15.4" Compaq:

Do you see it now? This thing is SMALL. Tiny. Miniscule.

Yet to me, it's kinda like a soldier ant - tiny, yet for its size unfeasibly powerful. I plan to post a full review in a week or so, once I've had some more time playing with it, but so far it's handled everything I've thrown at it - including some clumsy cock-ups - with nothing but aplomb. In fact, it's proved so useful that I'm planning to eBay the 15" Compaq lappy in the photo, as I haven't use it once since the day the diminutive Asus arrived.

Damn, it's small. But it's perfectly formed and, as I once mentioned on Twitter, this to me could be the device that finally makes sense of Linux on the desktop.

Stay tuned for a full review.

No comments: